I have 20+ years of experience baking, teaching, and creating recipes. I love to bring my curiosity and excitement for baking into all of my classes. My goal is to meet you wherever you are, help you expand your baking skills, and find joy in the kitchen.
Great British Baking Classes (Virtual)
Experience the spirit of the beloved Bake-Off television series without the pressure! Spark your creativity, expand your baking knowledge, and craft your own signature recipe. Practice baking between classes. Great for home bakers of all levels. Classes have included cakes, pies, desserts, sweet rolls and enriched breads, cookies, traybakes, tarts, and quick breads.
I offer these 4- to 8-week classes through Portland Community College. I can also offer these classes in your workplace or home; read more below.
Private Baking Classes: 1-on-1 Baking Support (Virtual)
Whether you’re new to baking or a seasoned home baker, individualized sessions can support your baking goals. Here's what we might cover in a 1-on-1 session:
Individual Baking Support. Are you trying to bake a specific recipe? Do you have questions about general baking techniques? I offer individualized support for home bakers who are looking for 1-on-1 help outside of a classroom setting. Together, we'll explore recipes, learn and refine baking techniques, and answer your baking-related questions.
I offer two formats for private baking sessions: Coaching or Demonstration.
- In 1-on-1 Coaching Sessions, we discuss your questions, we review your recipe, and/or I support you while you bake during our scheduled time together. 1-on-1 Coaching Sessions can be 25 minutes or 50 minutes.
- In 1-on-1 Demonstration Sessions, I demonstrate what you want to bake or I bake along with you during our scheduled time. I have demonstrated recipes in the following areas: cakes, pies, desserts, sweet rolls and enriched breads, cookies, traybakes, tarts, and quick breads. In any session, you are responsible for acquiring any supplies or ingredients you need to bake your recipe(s). 1-on-1 Demonstration Sessions are 50 minutes.
Baking sessions occur virtually on Google Meet, and most take place Monday through Thursday.
Private Baking Classes: Workplaces and Groups (Virtual)
Building meaningful connections in a virtual space can be challenging and exhausting. And, people are tired of the same Zoom-style ice breakers! I offer baking experiences that:
- empower your team to engage with each other in meaningful ways.
- break down silos, build camaraderie, manage stress, and strengthen workplace culture.
- help your team think outside the daily grind.
- replenish creative energy.
- encourage laughter, joy, and connection
Most private baking classes are 1 to 2 hours long. Generally, group rates start at $3,750 - $5,000 per session; however, prices vary depending on group size, supplies, and the customized or specialized nature of each request. Most sessions occur Monday through Thursday during the day (Pacific time).
Here are examples of previous baking teambuilders. All options work well for teams, regardless of experience with baking.
- Cupcake Challenge & Teambuilder (one-time). Participants bake the same recipe during the session in a specific amount of time. Doesn't require special equipment.
- Baking Teambuilder (one-time or recurring). Choose a baking genre (e.g. cakes, pies, etc.). I demonstrate a recipe(s) and facilitate discussions for connection. Outside the session(s), participants bake the demonstrated recipe(s) or choose something to bake based on their preferences and supplies. During the session(s) together, participants watch demonstrations, connect, and share what they baked/accomplished.
- Signature Recipe Teambuilder (recurring). Choose a baking genre (e.g. cakes, pies, etc.). I demonstrate recipes, share baking tips, and facilitate discussions for connection. Outside the session(s), participants bake and develop their own signature recipe. In sessions, participants watch demonstrations, learn baking and recipe tips, connect, share their accomplishments, and at the end present their signature recipes.
Please fill out this Google Form to start the discussion about your specific class or event and request an estimate.
"Elizebett is terrific: organized, prepared, knowledgable, enthusiastic. It’s been a joy to be a part of this class."